The Batiscan is an exciting Quebec river flowing into the St. Lawrence. Our route is the best paddling section from Lac aux Perles to the village of Notre Dame des Agnes. It runs through mixed forest and very rugged terrain with steep valleys and cliffs. There are lots of rapids, ranging from class 1 to 4. We start our trip with a train ride from Montreal, Quebec, to the put in. This is suitable for the experienced whitewater paddler.
"What an amazing trip! The whitewater was challenging and weather perfect.", Marc, Quebec, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
June 16, 2017 to June 22, 2017
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 7 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• train transport from Montreal to Lac aux Perles (the headwaters) and end of trip back to Montreal
• any Quebec park fees, if required