The Dumoine River 8-day excursion is a wilderness, whitewater canoe trip in western Quebec. The river is unique in having reliable water levels for canoeing throughout the entire season - from May to September. This 100-km Dumoine trip travels the entire river - from Lac Dix-Milles (Ten-Mile Lake) to the Ottawa River.
We'll paddle about 35 sets of Class 1 to 3 rapids, including Big Steel, Canoe Eater, the Snake, Thread the Needle, and Red Pine. The guides will provide instruction and ongoing coaching as we descend the river. There are optional portage trails if you choose to skip a particular rapid. When we set up camp at the end of the day, everyone pitches in to prepare exceptional meals. There will also be some time for swimming, fishing, and relaxing by the campfire. On the last day we'll cross the Ottawa River to our take-out point at the Pine Valley Campground near Stonecliffe.
This is an excellent river expedition for paddlers with some previous whitewater experience.
"The guides were friendly and efficient, making a wonderful river experience. I definitely want to come back with my sons." Neil, England, UK
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
July 09, 2017 to July 16, 2017
July 17, 2017 to July 24, 2017
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 7 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• road transport from Pine Valley (the rendezvous) to Lac Dix Milles (the headwaters)
• The trip is in a ZEC (zone d'exploitation contrôlée or "controlled harvesting zone"). Any fees are included.