In recognition of the French River's natural, historical, and recreational value, it received official status as a provincial waterway park in 1989.
On this 4-day trip, we paddle the most scenic section of the French - starting at Wolseley Bay and finishing at Highway 69. The river has excellent campsites, clear water, and beautiful Canadian Shield scenery. With some fun and fairly-easy rapids, there are lots of opportunities to learn and practice whitewater canoeing skills. There is also time for photography, swimming, and enjoying this beautiful natural setting. We'll camp each evening at new site - on rocky shelves and points. Everyone gathers around the fire to prepare exceptional meals with the guides and to laugh about the day’s adventures with new friends.
No previous experience is required to enjoy this wilderness getaway. For those interested in a little more whitewater excitement, check out our Dumoine, Noire or Petawawa river trips. Once you've paddled the French, you should consider a longer adventure with us on the Nahanni!
"I learned a lot about the rapids and other little camping hints. The guides were fabulous trip leaders and people." Eileen, Ontario, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
|July 11, 2020 to July 14, 2020||$1,295.00 CAD|
|August 04, 2020 to August 07, 2020||$1,295.00 CAD|
|July 17, 2021 to July 20, 2021||$1,295.00 CAD *until Oct 31st, 2020|
|August 03, 2021 to August 06, 2021||$1,295.00 CAD *until Oct 31st, 2020|
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 4 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• shuttle from the take-out point back to your car at the end of the trip
• The trip is in the French River Provincial Park, and a park fee is charged.
Trip Rendezvous Point: French River, ON