Baja - Sea Kayaking and Yoga
This is a 9-day holiday on beautiful Isla Espiritu Santo (Espiritu Santo Island), in Mexico’s Sea of Cortez. Espiritu Santo is a nature reserve and UNESCO World Heritage Site, and offers great sea kayaking, beautiful campsites on white sand beaches, encounters with marine wildlife, and the peace and power of nature. This trip offers all the best of our regular Circumnavigation of Isla Espiritu Santo kayak trip, with the addition of daily yoga practice.
Start your day on a serene, white sand beach with a short yoga session to prepare for the day’s adventures. Spend the day kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, or relaxing and then take part in a revitalizing hatha yoga session - practicing poses (asanas), breathing (pranayama), and meditation (dhyana). No previous kayaking or yoga experience is required to enjoy this unique holiday. Your yoga instructor is very experienced. Expect a teaching style that is warm, light-hearted, and flexible. Our sessions will explore our connection with nature, as we follow the rhythms of sun and tide to experience the most profound yoga practice: yoga in the wilderness.
The package includes 7 days of paddling (with 6 nights of camping on pristine wilderness beaches), and a farewell dinner at an excellent La Paz restaurant.
No experience in yoga or sea kayaking is necessary to join, and enjoy, this holiday.
"The standard of the guides was very, very high - some of the best I have come across in terms of their expertise, knowledge, organisation and friendliness. The added bonus of a wonderful yoga practice each day added to the whole experience!" Michelle, Ontario, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
April 01, 2017 to April 09, 2017
|$ 1570.00 US|
November 18, 2017 to November 26, 2017
7 days of kayaking, 6 of nights camping
• farewell dinner at a restaurant in La Paz on Day 8
Guides / Yoga Instructor 6:1 ratio
Kayak Expedition Supplies
• single or tandem sea kayaks, paddles, PFDs, etc.
• kitchen equipment, sun shelter, dishes, utensils, etc.
• excellent meals, safe fresh drinking water, snacks
• cocktails, wine with dinner
• first aid and repair kits
• emergency, communication, and safety equipment
• dry bags, etc. for group equipment and food
• water bags
• a shared tent, a sleeping pad, and a dry bag may be reserved without charge
• ground transfers to/from the hotel and motorboat dock
• boat shuttles between La Paz and Isla Espiritu Santo, and to and from the sea lion colony
• re-supply of food and water by motorboat