Chile - Andean Fjords and the Lake District
This 9-day Chilean trip is an unforgettable adventure in the magnificent fjords of Comau, Quintupeu, and Cahuelmo, on the eastern side of the Gulf of Ancud, as well as an extra tour to the Lake District. See stupendous glacial valleys, primeval temperate rainforests, and numerous kinds of marine wildlife - including dolphins, sea lions, penguins, and other sea birds.
Enjoy fresh salmon steaks, or steamed shellfish gathered from the cliffs at low tide - all prepared by our cook in the miniature galley of our picturesque support vessel. Watch the sunset on the peaks as you relax in natural hot pools. Spread your sleeping bag under the diamond stars of the Southern Cross.
Words alone simply cannot express the unique beauty and variety of this majestic land, whose calm, protected waters do not require you to have any previous experience with sea kayaks.
The extension tour of the Andean lake and volcano region includes visiting the famous destination city of Puerto Varas, on the shores of Chile’s second-largest lake - beautiful Lago Llanquihue. From here we go deep into the Andes on a full-day excursion to admire spectacular volcanoes and beautiful emerald lakes.
No sea kayaking or hiking experience is necessary to enjoy this unique adventure.
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
• expert kayak guides, cook, and support ship crew
• 2 nights at a Guest House with breakfast (Casa Wetzel - 3 star, double occupancy)*
• 1 additional night hotel at The Guest House in Puerto Varas (with breakfast)*
• excellent meals - Day 1 dinner to Day 9 breakfast (excluding dinner on Day 2 and on the last night)
• wine with meals, safe drinking water, snacks
• 2-person, fiberglass sea kayaks with rudders, waterproof bulkheads, hatches, etc.
• spray decks, paddles, PFDs (you may bring your own), pumps, and other safety accessories
• full camping gear (except for personal sleeping bags and pads)
• round-trip ground transfer from Puerto Montt airport to hotel in Puerto Varas
• round-trip ground transfer from Puerto Varas hotel to support vessel at Hornopirén
• motorized support vessel with crew
• motor/hiking tour of the lake and volcano district (with picnic lunch)
• local hot-spring and park fees
*Pending availability, you can request your own hotel room for $190 US
Trip Rendezvous Point: Peurto Montt, Chile