Sea Kayaking in the Andean Fjords - Chile
This is an unforgettable adventure in the magnificent Chilean fjords of Comau, Quintupeu, and Cahuelmo. On the eastern side of the Gulf of Ancud, wild mountain cliffs soar out of the ocean to touch the sky. See stupendous glacial valleys, primeval temperate rainforests, and numerous kinds of marine wildlife - including dolphins, sea lions, penguins, and other sea birds.
Enjoy fresh salmon steaks, or steamed shellfish gathered from the cliffs at low tide - all prepared by our cook in the miniature galley of our picturesque support vessel. Watch the sunset on the peaks as you relax in natural hot pools. Spread your sleeping bag under the diamond stars of the Southern Cross.
Words alone simply cannot express the unique beauty and variety of this majestic land, whose calm, protected waters do not require you to have any previous experience with sea kayaks.
Additional Lake District Tour
The 9-day trip adds a tour of the Andean lake and volcano region, with an extra night of hotel accommodation in the famous destination city of Puerto Varas, on the shores of Chile’s second-largest lake - beautiful Lago Llanquihue. From here we go deep into the Andes on a full-day excursion to admire spectacular volcanoes and beautiful emerald lakes.
No sea kayaking or hiking experience is necessary to enjoy this unique adventure.
• expert kayak guides, cook, and support ship crew
• 2 nights at The Guest House (in Casa Wetzel; 3-star, double occupancy) with breakfast
• excellent meals - Day 1 dinner to Day 8 breakfast (excluding dinner on Day 2 and on the last night)
• wine with meals, safe drinking water, snacks
• 2-person, fiberglass sea kayaks with rudders, waterproof bulkheads, hatches, etc.
• spray decks, paddles, PFDs (you may bring your own), pumps, and other safety accessories
• full camping gear (except for personal sleeping bags and pads)
• round-trip ground transfer from Puerto Montt airport to hotel in Puerto Varas
• round-trip ground transfer from Puerto Varas hotel to support vessel at Hornopirén
• motorized support vessel with crew
• local hot-spring and park fees
Optional Lake District Tour Includes:
• 1 additional night hotel at The Guest House in Puerto Varas (with breakfast)
• motor/hiking tour of the lake and volcano district (with picnic lunch)