Nahanni Getaway for Women
The Nahanni River is one of the world’s great wilderness destinations. It is the experience of a lifetime to explore this remote, pristine, alpine river valley. You will discover a mountainous wonderland with breathtaking canyons, a magnificent waterfall, diverse wildlife, and exciting paddling on the fast-flowing river.
The 10-day Nahanni "Getaway for Women" trip is the ideal canoe expedition on the Nahanni River for those with limited time. The route explores the spectacular canyons section from Virginia Falls to the Mackenzie Lowlands and the confluence with the Liard river. The trip is highlighted by fun Class 1 and 2 whitewater, interesting day hikes up tributary canyons, wildlife viewing, and exploring Virginia Falls. Although well known, the river is so remote that only about 500 people paddled the river in 2015.
The Nahanni "Getaway for Women" is lead by experienced female guides who are dedicated to making this a trip of a lifetime. It is suitable for paddlers with previous whitewater canoeing experience, but advanced paddling skills are not required.
"I thought Virginia Falls was to be the highlight. The canyons following the falls continued to thrill. The daily routine was very do-able and we moved down the river in a timely fashion." Kim, Australia
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
August 16, 2017 to August 25, 2017
Guides 5:1 ratio
• 8 nights camping
• 1 night at Lindberg Landing - Day 9
• excellent trail meals and snacks from Day 1 dinner to Day 9 lunch
• dinner Day 9 and breakfast Day 10 at the Lindbergs
• custom 17’ ABS expedition canoes with spray decks and knee pads
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• charter float plane flight from Fort Simpson to Virginia Falls - Day 1
• shuttle of group and gear from Lindberg Landing back to Fort Simpson - Day 10
• transportation of guides, group gear, food, etc. to Fort Simpson
• ground transfers between Fort Simpson Airport and Black Feather Base / float plane
docks at the beginning and end of the trip