Create Your Own Trip
Each year we organize dozens of custom & private guided trips for groups of friends, families, schools, companies and organizations. Recent custom programs include:
- canoe, kayak, and hiking trips for family & friends wanting their own guided adventure
- major expeditions to remote Arctic locations
- expeditions and skills courses for the Canadian and British Armed Forces
- scientific research trips
- wilderness logistics for film production
- corporate and leadership training programs
- international outdoor education programs
- outdoor skill clinics for familys and groups of friends preparing for a longer expedition
- "late season" paddling & hiking trips
Our creative planners take great pride in creating a unique experience based on your interests and preferences. Underlying each custom program is over thirty years of experience, contacts, and skills in planning, executing, and leading programs in difficult wilderness locations.
We’ll need to know:
- your ideas and what’s important to you
- what destinations interest you
- how many people there might be
- when you’d like to go
- how much time you have
- the current skills and experience your group members have
- your budget - you can get a general idea of costs from our regular sign-up trips elsewhere on our website
Then what happens?
We’ll discuss options with you and provide you with ideas and good advice based on years of experience and thousands of trips. The route, menu, pace, activities, logistics, dates, and number of guides can all be arranged to meet your needs.
We will then put together a preliminary trip proposal containing information on the route, dates, preliminary itinerary, staffing, and approximate cost. After you and your group have had a chance to review the proposal and give us your comments, we'll refine the trip plan to be just what you want - and what we know will be really successful.
When you decide to go ahead, we will require a deposit to confirm your participation before we begin to implement your program. We'll send you registration forms, and everyone will get a pre-trip information package - including itinerary, route description, the historical and geographical background of the location (if applicable), photos of the area, dates, logistics, costs, a list of what is included, and what you need to bring. You are then on your way to a great wilderness experience.