The 5-day Dumoine "Getaway" is a wilderness, whitewater canoe trip in western Quebec. The river is unique in having reliable water levels for canoeing throughout the entire season - from May to September.This 60-km Dumoine trip travels the lower two-thirds of the river - from Lac Benoit to the Ottawa River.
We’ll paddle over 30 sets of Class 1 to 3 rapids, including Big Steel, Canoe Eater, the Snake, Thread the Needle, and Red Pine. The guides will provide instruction and ongoing coaching as we descend the river. There are optional portage trails if you choose to skip a particular rapid. When we set up camp at the end of the day, everyone pitches in to prepare exceptional meals. There will also be some time for swimming, fishing, and relaxing by the campfire. On the last day we’ll cross the Ottawa River to our take-out point at the Pine Valley Campground near Stonecliffe.
This is an excellent river expedition for paddlers with some previous whitewater experience. A warm up paddling session at one of our springtime clinics is highly recommended! If this trip is too short or not quite at the right time, check out our other Dumoine River, Noire River and Coulonge River trips which take place throughout the summer season.
"I loved the freedom from the Internet for a week and to be surrounded by a beautiful environment." Colin, Ontario, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
|September 20, 2020 to September 24, 2020||$1,850.00 CAD|
|July 01, 2021 to July 05, 2021||$1,850.00 CAD* until Oct 31st, 2020|
|July 29, 2021 to August 02, 2021||$1,850.00 CAD *until Oct 31st, 2020|
|August 26, 2021 to August 30, 2021||$1,850.00 CAD *until Oct 31st, 2020|
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 5 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipmenttents
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• road transport from Pine Valley (the rendezvous) to Lac Benoit (on the river)
• The trip is in a ZEC (zone d'exploitation contrôlée or "controlled harvesting zone"). Any fees are included.
Trip Rendezvous Point: Stonecliffe, ON