French River for Families
This fun canoe-camping trip for families with school-aged children traces the historic French River, and provides an excellent introductory excursion with a taste of whitewater canoeing. It follows one of the more scenic sections of the French River Provincial Park and has excellent campsites. There are lots of opportunities to learn and practice new skills. There is also plenty of time for photography, swimming, and enjoying this beautiful natural setting.
We’ll camp each evening at new site - on rocky shelves and points. Everyone gathers around the fire to prepare exceptional meals with the guides and to laugh about the day’s adventures with new friends.
With the guides making sure everything runs smoothly, the adults will have a stress-free time and be able to enjoy the company of the other parents. The kids make new friends easily during the busy daily activities. Often one family will be visitors to Canada who are on a summer holiday.
No previous experience is required to enjoy this wilderness family holiday. Children aged 14 and under will receive 20% off the listed trip price. If you and your family already have some whitewater paddling experience under your belts, check out our family trips on the Noire and Dumoine rivers, or for those seeking an extended time out in the Canadian wilderness, check out our Nahanni Classic trip for families!
"My children had a great time. The guides were smart, personable, patient, sensitive, and strong - mentally and physically. They were excellent role models for my 2 children. Thanks!" Marcus, Ontario, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
|July 27, 2020 to July 30, 2020||$1,295.00 CAD|
|August 17, 2020 to August 20, 2020||$1,295.00 CAD|
|July 26, 2021 to July 29, 2021||$1,295.00 CAD *until Oct 31st, 2020|
|August 16, 2021 to August 19, 2021||$1,295.00 CAD *until Oct 31st, 2020|
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 4 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• shuttle from the take-out point back to your car at the end of the trip
• The trip is in the French River Provincial Park, and a park fee is charged.
Trip Rendezvous Point: French River, ON