French River for Women
Black Feather's "French River for Women" trip traces the most scenic section of the French - starting at Wolseley Bay and finishing at Highway 69. The river has excellent campsites, clear water, and beautiful Canadian Shield scenery. With some fun and fairly-easy rapids, there are lots of opportunities to learn and practice whitewater canoeing skills. There is also time for photography, swimming, and enjoying this beautiful natural setting. We'll camp each evening at new site - on rocky shelves and points. Everyone gathers around the fire to prepare exceptional meals with the guides and to laugh about the day’s adventures with new friends.
This trip is lead by experienced female guides who are dedicated to ensuring that you have great time. The trip is run in cooperation and conjunction with Wild Women Expeditions. No previous whitewater canoeing experience is required to enjoy this introductory canoeing trip. The trip is a great starting point for our extended women-only canoeing expeditions on the Keele and Nahanni Rivers.
"All the guides inspired confidence, offered helpful feedback, kept the group inclusive and cohesive, and whipped up amazing meals. I felt I was in very capable hands." Mary Ellen, Ontario, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 4 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• shuttle from your vehicles to the put-in point at Wolseley Bay
• The trip is in the French River Provincial Park, and a park fee is charged.
Trip Rendezvous Point: Alban, ON