Algonquin Parkʼs Petawawa River is a wonderful run of Class 1 to 3 rapids. We'll start with river running and safety instruction at Lake Travers, then head 50 km downstream to McManus Lake. Rocky rapids such as Crooked Chute, Rollaway Rapids, and The Natch offer countless opportunities for excitement and challenge. With coaching and instruction from our excellent guides, your skills and confidence will grow throughout the expedition. Flowing eastward across the more remote top of the park, the Petawawa combines Algonquin wilderness and a challenging whitewater experience. The earlier trip will find exciting high water, while August paddlers will enjoy a more relaxed river with warm water and lazy summer days.
The Petawawa is an excellent shorter river trip for the paddler with some previous canoeing experience. An adventurous novice may also consider this trip as there are optional portage trails around the trickier rapids. This trip is a "must" if you've already paddled the Dumoine or Noire Rivers. If you're after something a little more relaxing, check out our trips on the French River.
"I have recommended Black Feather to many people. The quality of your guides, your gear, trip planning, and definitely the awesome food keeps me coming back." Suzanne, Quebec, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
|August 22, 2021 to August 25, 2021||$1,625.00 CAD|
|September 08, 2021 to September 12, 2021||$1,865.00 CAD *NEW TRIP*|
|September 27, 2021 to October 01, 2021||$1,865.00 CAD *NEW TRIP*|
Guides 5:1 ratio
• all meals and snacks from Day 1 snack to Day 4 lunch
• 17’ Prospector expedition canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• transportation of guides, group gear, canoes, etc. to and from trip
• van shuttle from McManus Lake to Lake Travers on Day 1
• Camping fees, etc. include parking at our take-out point (McManus Lake) during the trip.
September 2021 trips also include an extra night of camping and an extra day of paddling.
Trip Rendezvous Point: Algonquin Park, near Pembroke ON