Whitewater Canoeing Clinic
Black Feather’s “Whitewater Canoeing” week-end is the perfect opportunity for you to learn the paddling skills and safety techniques you will need to enjoy our wilderness rivers. The program is designed to provide excellent instruction in a relaxed and enjoyable setting at Palmer Rapids on the Madawaska River.
Since 1972, Black Feather has introduced thousands of paddlers to the fun and excitement of whitewater canoeing. We primarily teach a style of paddling designed to let you safely descend rapids in a loaded, tandem, tripping canoe. We'll also try out a few more flamboyant moves just for fun. With whitewater skills, a whole new world of wilderness travel is open to you.
After the clinic you'll be ready to head out on your own or try one of our more challenging river expeditions. Many participants in our Arctic expeditions take this clinic before their trip as a warm-up and review.
Beginners are welcome!
"Thank you for providing such good value and a great experience." Matthew, Ontario, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Instructors 5:1 ratio
• whitewater canoes, throw lines, and other safety accessories
• paddles, paddling helmets, PFDs (you may bring your own)
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
Dinner on Saturday Night
Saturday Night Camping / Day-Use Fees
• guides, group gear, canoes, and equipment to and from trip rendezvous
Trip Rendezvous Point: Palmer Rapids, ON