Custom Trips for Families
We organize dozens of custom, guided trips for groups of friends, families, schools, companies, and organizations every year. Recent custom programs include:
- private canoe, kayak, and hiking trips
- major expeditions to remote Arctic locations
- expeditions and skills courses for the Canadian and British Armed Forces
- week-end and short getaways for families and friends
- scientific research trips
- wilderness logistics for film production
- corporate and leadership training courses
- international outdoor education programs
- outdoor skill clinics
Our creative planners take great pride in creating a unique experience based on your interests and preferences. Underlying each custom program is over thirty years of experience, contacts, and skills in planning, executing, and leading programs in difficult wilderness locations.
If you have a group of 4 or more people, contact us to discuss what you’d like to do.
Tell us about your group ...
We’ll need to know:
- your ideas and what’s important to you
- what destinations interest you
- how many people there might be
- when you’d like to go
- how much time you have
- some idea of what skills and experience your group members have
- some idea of your budget
(You can get a general idea of costs from our regular sign-up trips elsewhere on this website.)
Then what happens?
We’ll discuss options with you, and provide you with ideas and good advice based on years of experience and thousands of trips. The route, menu, pace, activities, logistics, dates, and staffing can all be arranged to meet your needs.
Based on these factors, we'll put together a preliminary trip proposal - route, dates, preliminary itinerary, staffing, and approximate cost. After you and your group have had a chance to review the proposal, and to give us your comments, we'll refine the trip plan to be just what you want - and what we know will be really successful.
When you decide to go ahead, we will require a confirmation deposit before we begin to implement your program. We'll send you registration forms, and everyone will get a pre-trip information package - including itinerary, route description, the historical and geographical background of the location (if applicable), photos of the area, dates, logistics, costs, a list of what is included, and what you need to bring. You are on your way to a great wilderness experience.