Nááts'ihch'oh’ Base Camp
Nááts'ihch'oh’ National Park’s Nıó nep'eneɂ Tué (Grizzly Bear Lake) is an amazing alpine hiking destination. We fly into this stunning alpine lake and establish a simple basecamp, which will allow us to explore the craggy peaks and alpine valleys. We’ll follow ridges to attainable peaks and small streams to alpine tarns. Hiking, photography, wildlife interpretation and Dene cultural programs will keep us busy. We’ll trek to natural Grizzly Bear hotsprings to soak. In evenings, the long arctic summer daylight will allow us to enjoy the play of the midnight sun on the mountains. This program is designed for the hiker who wishes to explore a truly remote part of Canada’s north.
This trip can be combined with a canoe trip on the Broken Skull, July 29 – Aug 8.
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
- guides at 5:1 ratio
- basecamp tent, kitchen equipment
- sleeping tents (2 people/tent)
- Excellent trail food (day 1 lunch - day 9 lunch)
- charter flights from Norman Wells - Grizzly Bear Lake and return
- 8 nights camping
- 1 night accommodation in Norman Wells (Day 9)
Trip Rendezvous Point: Norman Wells, NWT