Georgian Bay - Bayfield to Britt
The 30,000 Islands of northeast Georgian Bay are a kayaker’s paradise. From a few square feet to several square miles these granite islands form a protective maze for the paddler to explore. This 4 day trip begins with a short warm up and soon thereafter, we are out ‘on the Bay’. Leaving from Bayfield Inlet, we’ll explore the myriad of islands and coves that make the 30,000 islands so spectacular. The pace of this trip is relaxed, we will have time for photography, sketching, painting, yoga or just relaxing in this beautiful wilderness. We’ll camp on scenic sites and enjoy great food, spectacular sunsets and friends. We’ll finish by paddling a short distance up the Magnetawan River to the town of Britt, where will will meet our shuttle van back to your vehicles at Bayfield Inlet.
Beginners and experienced paddlers alike will enjoy this trip. It is a great "level up" from our Georgian Bay Getaway. In 2021, we will also offer a women-only version of this trip, or if you would like to spend an extended amount of time out on the Bay, you will be able to combine this trip with our Britt to Hartley Bay trip and receive $75 off each listed trip price!
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 4 lunch
• sea kayaks with rudders, waterproof hatches
• spray decks, paddles, PFDs (you may bring your own)
• throw lines, pumps, and other safety accessories
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• dry bags and containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, kayak rescue, and repair kits
• emergency communications equipment
• transportation of guides, group gear, kayaks, etc. to and from trip
• shuttle from pick up back to vehicles at Bayfield Inlet on Day 4
Trip Rendezvous Point: Bayfield Inlet, ON