Georgian Bay Getaway
The 3-day Georgian Bay “Getaway” is an ideal introduction to kayak touring. The trip is designed to provide you with basic paddling, safety, rescue, navigation, touring, and kayak-camping techniques, while enjoying a relaxed wilderness holiday in a beautiful setting. The combination of formal instruction with ongoing coaching, while gaining real experience on a multi-day expedition, will help you become a confident and safe sea kayaker.
After a kayak clinic at Killbear Provincial Park, we'll head out into the 30,000 Islands - a kayaker’s paradise. We'll set up camp each evening on a rugged out-island and enjoy a glass of wine, an excellent dinner, and the company of new friends. After three days of exploring the maze of islands and channels, we'll arrive at our destination of Snug Harbour.
No previous experience is required to enjoy the Georgian Bay “Getaway”. More accomplished paddlers will still enjoy this trip and will find it to be a great way to introduce a friend to sea kayaking. We also offer a women-only version of this trip. For those who wish to experience a more advanced adventure on the Bay, check out our Georgian Bay Islands trip.
"We had a fabulous time and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Black Feather trip to anyone. We look forward to doing another one in the near future." Jackie, Ontario, Canada
Update, January 2021: This trip will be available as a custom trip only. Contact our office for more information or check out our Sea Kayak Clinic, happening three times this spring and summer!
Guides 5:1 ratio
• all meals & snacks from Day 1 lunch to Day 3 lunch
• sea kayaks with rudders, waterproof hatches
• spray decks, paddles, PFDs (you may bring your own)
• throw lines, pumps, and other safety accessories
• tents: free-standing expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• dry bags and containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, kayak rescue, and repair kits
• emergency communications equipment
• transportation of guides, group gear, kayaks, etc. to and from trip
• shuttle from the rendezvous to the take-out point at Snug Harbour
Trip Rendezvous Point: Killbear Provencial Park, Ontario