Georgian Bay Sea Kayak Clinic
This 2 day sea kayak clinic on Georgian Bay is an ideal introduction to kayak touring. The clinic is designed to provide you with basic paddling, safety, rescue, navigation, touring and kayak camping techniques while enjoying a night of wilderness camping in a beautiful setting. The combination of instruction with ongoing coaching, while gaining real experience on an overnight trip, will help you become a safer and more confident sea kayaker.
There will be no certification as part of this clinic, but you will gain knowledge and experience of sea kayak touring and theory from our qualified team of Black Feather guides, who have guided multi-day expeditions throughout Canada.
After having completed this clinic, you are welcome to join any of our Level 1 or 2 sea kayak trips such as our 4 day trip from Bayfield to Britt, or our 5 day Georgian Bay Lower French trip. Receive $50 off if you register in 2021. For those who complete our June 2021 sea kayaking clinic, you will receive $50 off any subsequent Georgian Bay trip in 2021. Of course, you can also just treat this clinic as a stand-alone mini getaway!
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
- Guides 5:1 ratio
- Trail Meals
- excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 2 lunch snacks
- Kayaking Equipment
- solo sea kayaks with rudders, waterproof hatches (tandem kayaks may be arranged if preferred)
- spray deck, paddle, PFD (you may bring your own)
- throw lines, pumps, and other safety accessories
- Camping Equipment
- tents - free standing custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
- ‘kitchen’ - tarp, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc dry bags and containers for food and group equipment
- Safety Equipment
- first aid and repair kits, emergency communications equipment kayak rescue gear
- Local Transportation
- transportation of guides, group gear, kayaks etc to and from trip shuttle from the rendezvous to the take out at Snug Harbour on Day 1
Trip Rendezvous Point: Killbear Provincial Park, ON