Georgian Bay for Women
The 3-day “Georgian Bay for Women” getaway trip is an ideal introduction to kayak touring. The trip is designed to provide you with basic paddling, safety, rescue, navigation, touring, and kayak-camping techniques, while enjoying a relaxing wilderness holiday in a beautiful setting. The combination of formal instruction with ongoing coaching, while gaining real experience on a multi-day expedition, will help you become a confident and safe sea kayaker.
After a kayak clinic at Killbear Provincial Park, we'll head out into the 30,000 Islands - a kayaker’s paradise. We'll set up camp each evening on a rugged out-island and enjoy a glass of wine, an excellent dinner, and the company of new friends. After three days of exploring the maze of islands and channels, we'll arrive at our destination of Snug Harbour.
This trip will be led by experienced, fun, female guides.
No previous experience is required to enjoy the “Georgian Bay for Women” trip. More accomplished paddlers will find it a great way to introduce a friend to sea kayaking.
"I enjoyed learning the paddling strokes and safety, the sunset on night two, and the food and wine!" Grace, Pennsylvania, USA
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Guides 5:1 ratio
• excellent meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 3 lunch
• sea kayaks with rudders, waterproof hatches
• spray decks, paddles, PFDs (you may bring your own)
• throw lines, pumps, and other safety accessories
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• dry bags and containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, kayak rescue, and repair kits
• emergency communications equipment
• transportation of guides, group gear, kayaks, etc. to and from trip
• shuttle from the rendezvous to the take-out point at Snug Harbour
Trip Rendezvous Point: Killbear Provencial Park, ON