*NEW* East Greenland Exploratory Sea Kayak Trip
*NEW TRIP IN 2022*
This will be a unique expedition into untraveled Greenland waters. It will be for the more advanced paddler, and will have a combination of open water and fjord paddling. This trip is a must if you have already experienced our other sea kayaking expeditions in East Greenland. The isolation, cold water and ice, and 12 days of wilderness camping make the trip unsuitable for the novice paddler. If you are looking to develop your existing sea kayak skills, you should consider our Georgian Bay Islands or our Georgian Bay North Channel trips. If you are looking to get into sea kayaking for the first time, our Georgian Bay Sea Kayak Clinic is an excellent place to start!
We offer two other trips in East Greenland: one in the Scoresbysund region (also known as Ittoqqortoormiit) and the other through the Ammassalik Fjords. We are also excited to announce a special expedition to explore the northwestern region of Greenland, in and around Qaannaaq.
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Guides 5:1 ratio
• 12 nights of camping, 2 nights hotel in Kulusuk
• all meals and snacks from Day 2 lunch to Day 14 lunch
• dinners (Days 1 and 14) and breakfast (Days 2 and 15) in Kulusuk
• tandem sea kayaks with rudders, paddles, spray decks, etc. (solo kayaks may be rented for an extra fee, pending availability)
• PFDs (you may bring your own)
• tents: free-standing expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• dry bags and containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, kayak rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• flights between Reykjavik and Kulusuk - Day 1 and Day 15
• transportation of guides, group gear, food, etc. to Kulusuk
Trip Rendezvous Point: Reykjavik, Iceland