Updated May 3rd, 2021: We are so happy to be approaching summer, when we can get outside and enjoy the peace and beauty of nature. The Black Feather team has been working hard to ensure that we can operate safe and enjoyable wilderness adventures. Not only have we been honing our own policies and procedures, but have volunteered on steering committees of The Wilderness Tourism Association of the Yukon and NWT Tourism Association to develop protocol to approve Alternate Isolation Plans to allow wilderness tourism to those territories. Black Feather has been approved by The World Travel and Tourism Council’s SafeTravels initiative. This specially designed stamp allows travelers to recognize governments and companies around the world which have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols – so consumers can experience 'Safe Travels'.
Here are some of the ways which we will strive to keep you safe during your Black Feather adventure:
- There will be a pre-trip screening questionnaire for all participants and guides. This questionnaire will be re-confirmed upon arrival to the start of the trip.
- Participants will not come to a trip if exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or if exposed within 14 days of their trip.
- Participants and guides will be encouraged to take a COVID-19 test within a week of their trip’s departure and all participants will be asked to self-monitor their health during that time.
- All participants and guides are asked to adhere to a code of conduct in the 2 weeks prior to departure.
- Black Feather will adhere to COVID-19 Guidelines during preparation of trip gear & food.
- Black Feather guides have pre-season training from our consulting Physician.
- Participants and guides will follow Black Feather’s COVID-19 Trip Guidelines
- Participants and guides will follow Black Feather’s COVID-19 Van/Aircraft Guidelines
- Participants and guides must remain 2 metres or more from everyone outside their household, unless each is wearing a face covering.
- Face coverings must be worn whenever inside a vehicle or aircraft.
- Extra hand sanitation stations will be in place at all campsites.
- Participants and guides will have solo tents, unless travelling with a member of their household.
- Equipment will be assigned to participants for the duration of the trip, and sanitized between trips.
- Participants and guides in the Yukon will follow the 2021 COVID-19 Management Practices for Wilderness Tourism Operators in the Yukon, as well as protocol outlined by Black Feather's Operational Plan.
- Participants and guides in the NWT will follow the 2021 COVID-19 Management Practices for Wilderness Tourism Operators in the NWT, as well as protocol outlined by Black Feather's Operational Plan.
- Black Feather will clean and sanitize all group and rental equipment thoroughly before the next use.
- Black Feather will provide a post-trip survey for feedback from clients.
- Clients and guides will contact Black Feather if any COVID symptoms develop in the 3 days following any Black Feather trip.
- Black Feather will follow up on any post trip reports of COVID symptoms with appropriate authorities.
With these measures in place, we are confident that you can enjoy a fun and safe wilderness holiday.
Looking forward to seeing you on the river, coastline or trail.
Wendy and the Black Feather team