Western Whitewater Clinic
Based in British Columbia, this weekend whitewater clinic will allow you to learn the techniques and safety to enjoy raft or canoe tripping on our wonderful rivers. Strokes, rescues, safety and tripping techniques will be covered. Included are instruction, SOAR inflatable rafts, paddles, group camping equipment, food (Fri. dinner – Sun. lunch) and 2 nights camping. Skill Level 1.
This is a great warm-up option for any of our extended northern canoe trip such as the Nahanni, Snake or Coppermine Rivers, to name just a few! If you simply want to spend more time in the Rockies, then you should consider our week-long run of the Kootenay River held throughout the summer, or our fall-time Paddle & Hike program.
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Instructors 5:1 ratio
• SOAR inflatable canoes, throw lines, and other safety accessories
• paddles, paddling helmets, PFDs (you may bring your own)
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
Dinner Friday evening - Lunch Sunday
Two Nights Camping
• guides, group gear, canoes, and equipment to and from trip rendezvous
Trip Rendezvous Point: Nipika Lodge, British Columbia