Arctic Dog Sledding & Ice Festival
ARCTIC HUSKY DOGSLED & ICE FESTIVAL
This is your chance to experience traveling above the Arctic Circle while mushing a team of beautiful, friendly ‘white’ huskies from one heated cabin or camp to the next. Set in the NWT near Inuvik, the Arctic Chalet will be your base. The package also includes a drive in a tour van across the Mackenzie Delta and River on an ice highway. You will have the opportunity to attend a native ice festival and see 3,000 reindeer in their winter grazing area. A degree of physical fitness required, but no previous dogsledding experience.
The "Arctic Dog Sledding & Ice Festival" trip is suitable for any adventurous traveller with reasonable levels of health and fitness. No previous experience is required.
"The dogs are so well trained and friendly. I wanted to bring one home! Thanks for an amazing Arctic experience." Kathy, Alberta, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Guides dog sled instructors and guides on sledding trips and snowshoeing tour
•shared accommodations for 10 nights in a standard cabin unit
• breakfasts, and meals at the outpost cabin and tent camp and while traveling with dogs
Dog Sled Teams and Equipment
• winter clothing: boots, anoraks, windbreakers, fur mitts, insulated snow pants
• use of dog teams, sleds and equipment
• safety equipment
• first aid and emergency gear, cell and satellite phones
• shared courtesy vehicle in Inuvik
Trip Rendezvous Point: Inuvik, NWT