Arctic Husky Dog Sledding
This is your chance to experience traveling above the Arctic Circle while mushing a team of beautiful, friendly ‘white’ huskies from one heated cabin or camp to the next. Set in the NWT near Inuvik, the Arctic Chalet will be your base. The package includes time in Inuvik, a courtesy vehicle to travel independently, as well as two multi-day trips by dogsled to remote (but still heated!) accommodations nestled in the tundra.
This unique winter expedition is suitable for any adventurous traveller with reasonable levels of health and fitness. No previous dogsledding experience is required. Register for two or more spots in 2021 and receive a discount of $200 per person!
"The dogs are so well trained and friendly. I wanted to bring one home! Thanks for an amazing Arctic experience." Kathy, Alberta, Canada
2021 Trip Update: Please note this program is tentative, while we wait for an easing of the non-essential travel ban currently in place in the NWT.
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
• dog sled instructors and guides on sledding trips and snowshoeing tours
• accommodations (double occupancy) for 5 nights in a standard cabin unit - bedding and towels included
• 4 nights winter camping or outpost cabin accommodation - a sleeping bag and raised cot will be provided
• meals at the outpost cabin and tent camp and while traveling with dogs
Dog Sled Teams and Equipment
• winter clothing: boots, anoraks, windbreakers, fur mitts, insulated snow pants, mukluks
• use of dog teams, sleds and equipment
• safety equipment
• first aid and emergency gear, cell and satellite phones
• shared courtesy vehicle in Inuvik
• shuttle to and from Inuvik Airport to Arctic Chalet
Trip Rendezvous Point: Inuvik, NWT