Blachford Lake Lodge - Ski and Snowshoe
Enjoy a unique, six-day holiday at the remote wilderness lodge in the Northwest Territories that once hosted Prince William and Catherine (Duke and Duchess of Cambridge).
This trip is timed to catch the beautiful spring weather, as well as the spectacular aurora borealis (northern lights). Stay in comfortable guest rooms in the main lodge - which is equipped with a sauna, hot tub, and licenced bar. Gourmet northern meals are prepared by a Red-Seal-certified chef. The 17-km long Blachford Lake is a great area for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. New this year, we'll have 'fat bikes' - bicycles with tires specially for riding on snow - available for you to try on the trails! The charter flight to and from the lodge in a ski plane is also one of the many highlights.
You can stay busy all day or relax and charge your batteries on this unique wilderness getaway. No previous experience is required to take part in all aspects of this adventure.
"The gang at Blachford were friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed the skiing and snowshoeing - a real Canadian winter experience." Robbie, Ontario, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
April 02, 2017 to April 07, 2017
|$ 3,975.00 (Lodge) / $2,335.00 (Cabin) CAD plus 10% gratuity|
• services of a senior Black Feather guide, and/or the exceptional Blachford Lake Lodge staff
• 5 nights of lodge or cabin accommodation (double occupancy)
• gourmet meals from Day 1 dinner to Day 6 lunch
• cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and fat biking
• use of lodge facilities: dining room, Aurora Lounge, fireplaces, library, showers and full bathrooms, hot tub and sauna, open decks, licenced bar, etc.
• charter flights between Yellowknife and Blachford Lake