Blachford Lake Lodge - Winter Aurora
Enjoy a unique four day holiday at the remote wilderness lodge in the Northwest Territories that hosted Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge. This program is timed to enjoy the pristine winter/spring wilderness, as well as spectacular Aurora Borealis. Stay in a cosy, rustic cabin or choose a comfortable guest room in the main lodge, equipped with a sauna, hot tub and licensed bar. Delicious Northern meals are prepared by a Red Seal equivalent chef.
Blachford Lake is great for cross country skiing and snowshoeing. This year we have added ‘Fat Tire’ bikes to the many activities. The charter flight to and from the lodge in a ski plane is one of the many highlights. You can stay busy all day or relax and rejuvinate on this unique wilderness getaway. No previous experience necessary!
Weekly departures each Sunday, starting January 6th, 2019.
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
• services of an exceptional Blachford Lake Lodge staff
• 3 nights of lodge or cabin accommodation (double occupancy) Single supplemnt fee: 25%
• gourmet meals from Day 1 dinner to Day 4 lunch
• cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and fat-tire biking
• use of lodge facilities: dining room, Aurora Lounge, fireplaces, library, showers and full bathrooms, hot tub and sauna, open decks, licenced bar, etc.
• charter flights between Yellowknife and Blachford Lake
Trip Rendezvous Point: Yellowknife, NWT