Nahanni Classic for Women
The Nahanni River is one of the world’s great wilderness destinations. It is the experience of a lifetime to explore this remote, pristine, alpine river valley. You will discover a mountainous wonderland with breathtaking canyons, a magnificent waterfall, diverse wildlife, and exciting paddling on the fast-flowing river. The two-week Nahanni "Classic for Women" follows the river from Rabbitkattle Lake to Virginia Falls, through the spectacular canyons to the Mackenzie Lowlands and the confluence with the Liard River. The trip is highlighted by fun Class I and II whitewater, interesting day hikes up tributary canyons, wildlife viewing and exploring Virginia Falls. This trip is lead by wonderful women guides, who will make this an adventure to remember.
The Nahanni "Classic for Women" is suitable for paddlers with some previous canoe-camping and whitewater experience, but advanced paddling skills are not required.
"The trip was fantastic. The guides gave each and every one of us the attention that was necessary at any given moment. I was very impressed with the skill level and felt completely safe no matter what the situation." Nancy, Minnesota, USA
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Guides 5:1 ratio
• 1 night at Mackenzie Rest B&B - Day 1
• 12 nights camping
• 1 night at Lindberg Landing - Day 14
• excellent trail meals and snacks from Day 2 lunch to Day 14 lunch
• dinner Day 14 and breakfast Day 15 at the Lindbergs
• custom 17’ ABS expedition canoes with spray decks and knee pads
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• "kitchen": tarp, fire box, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• charter float plane flight from Fort Simpson to the Rabbitkettle Lake - Day 2
• shuttle of group and gear from Lindberg Landing back to Fort Simpson - Day 15
• transportation of guides, group gear, food, etc. to Fort Simpson
• ground transfers between Fort Simpson Airport and Black Feather Base / float plane
docks at the beginning and end of the trip
Trip Rendezvous Point: Fort Simpson, NWT